doTERRA Dill Essential Oil
Dill is an annual herb in the Apiaceae family and is the sole species of the genus Anethum. Dill has a myriad of traditional health benefits. The Ancient Egyptians used it for its soothing effects and to ward off evil spirits. The Greeks thought of dill as a symbol of wealth and the Romans believed it brought good fortune, therefore they would make wreaths of dill to adorn athletes and heroes.
Dill essential oil has many health benefits with its main benefit being the ability to support digestion by stimulating digestive juices in the stomach. Its distinct aroma and taste also stimulate the salivary glands to further assist the digestion process.
Dill has been used for centuries to enhance the flavor of vegetables, meats, and seafood. Today, it is used across many cultures to flavor soups, salads, potatoes, curry, fish, rice, and vegetable dishes.
- Diffuse with Bergamot and Lemon to lessen stress and anxious feelings
- Add to marinades, soups, and salads to enhance flavor
- Use when canning to help preserve garden vegetables
- Add 1–2 drops to an herbal tea before bedtime to promote a restful sleep
Directions For Use
Diffusion: Use 3 - 4 drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Expiration date of 5/20
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.