When included in your everyday routine, essential oils have the power to impact your overall wellness for the better. There are 3 ways to use doTERRA essential oils: aromatically, topically, and internally.
5 Aromatic Essential Oil UsesUsing essential oils aromatically involves diffusing them into the air, or putting them in your palms and then inhaling the scent from your cupped hands. The aroma of an oil on it's own has the power to influence your mood and change the emotional environment that surrounds you.
- Diffuse Wild Orange oil to uplift your mind and body throughout the day.
- Detoxify your home by using natural cleaning solutions made with cleansing essential oils like Lemon or Cypress.
- Keep stress or tension at bay by diffusing Bergamot oil into the air of your room or at work.
- Add Arborvitae oil to your diffuser for a grounding aroma, especially while you want to meditate.
- During study time or any activity that requires mental clarity, diffuse Basil or Cardamom oil to promote a sense of focus.
6 Topical Essential Oil UsesUse essential oils topically to promote healthy-looking skin and nails, and to produce a soothing, cooling, relaxing, or warming sensation in the area you apply it. For this reason, essential oils greatly enhance the massage experience when used. Most oils can be used directly on the skin, but hot or warm oils will need to be diluted with a carrier oil.
- When you exercise, listen to your body and use soothing oils. When starting a new workout routine, remember that you will also need to give yourself time to recover. During this recovery time, apply Deep Blue to soothe your body.
- Apply doTERRA Serenity Restful Blend to the back of your neck for a sense of escape or utilize its calming and renewing aroma at bedtime.
- Apply Peppermint essential oil to your chest for an invigorating pick-me-up before a workout.
- Create your own personal fragrances. Cedarwood, Arborvitae, and Frankincense make a great combination, see our article about blending for more ideas.
- Rub doTERRA Breathe on your chest when environmental threats are high.
- During your menstrual cycle, rub either Clary Sage or the blend ClaryCalm onto your abdomen for a soothing and calming massage.
9 Internal Essential Oil UsesUsing certain oils internally can have a beneficial impact on several bodily systems, including the digestive, respiratory, and immune systems. Not all oils can be used internally, but check the label of any oil—if it has nutrition facts, it can be ingested.
- Take doTERRA On Guard Softgels one week before traveling for immune supporting benefits.
- Use the Slim & Sassy blend as part of your diet to help support healthy metabolic function.
- Add Ginger essential oil to your water for added energy boost in late afternoons after lunch.
- Pop in a Peppermint Beadlet before going on a run to open airways and promote clear breathing.
- Add Lemon or Grapefruit essential oil to your water bottle, and sip during your work out to help keep your metabolism humming.
- Replace or cut out sugary snacks by putting one drop of Fennel essential oil in water to help satisfy any sweet tooth.
- Stay hydrated with water and essential oils. Divide your weight in pounds by two and drink that many ounces of water daily. Add in any mint or citrus essential oil to keep the flavor interesting and for their cleansing benefits.
- Combat environmental or seasonal threats with TriEase Softgels or by combining Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint. Being outside is great for your health; a study at the University of Michigan showed that after just one hour in nature, people’s attention spans improved.
- Support healthy cellular integrity and give your body the antioxidants that you need by taking DDR Prime each morning.