What is doTERRA Deep Blue?
Deep Blue is a proprietary essential oil blend made from doTERRA. Incorporating both cooling and soothing essential oils like Wintergreen, Blue Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, Helichrysum, Blue Tansy Camphor, Osmanthus and Peppermint.
- doTERRA Deep Blue comes in an oil, roll-on, rubbing cream and supplement complex option.
Designed to help soothe tired muscles and aching joints. Apply it to sore neck and shoulders, along the back, legs, hands, knees, ankles or anywhere else you feel discomfort, aches, tenderness or soreness.
50 doTERRA Deep Blue Reviews and Testimonials
Over the years, many people have shared their personal experiences using Deep Blue. These are just a small handful of stories that will help give you an insight into its many uses and benefits.
- This is miracle cream for anyone who suffers from pain, inflammation, or tension. It works pretty much instantly and does the hot and cold thing, without the chemicals of other icy hot products. Before having jaw surgery this is the only thing that helped me besides getting deep tissue massages every three weeks. I always keep this in the house and give it as gifts to anyone who suffers from pain. You have to try it to believe it! - Ana
- I am 48 and have multiple challenges in my hip. doTERRA Deep Blue Rub has been a lifesaver for me! I use it at least three times a day to relieve pain & increase mobility so I can work & function in daily activities. It smells great & works amazingly well compared to other over the counter medicated rubs. When I use it, I feel so much better, In conjunction with stretching, yoga & light exercise. I would highly recommend it! - Lynn
- I highly recommend this for muscle pain, general aches and especially head tension. I put it on my neck when I have a headache and it’s cooling and effective. This is definitely my go-to for headaches. - Nat
- I love this so much that I bought a few tubes and leave one at work and one in my gym bag! It works into sore muscles and soothes them quickly. Favorite way to use this is on my belly over a monthly blend (geranium, clary sage, peppermint, ylang-ylang) for those pesky monthly ailments. - Sheri
- I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I get really bad cramps and this is the only thing that helps me. Rubbing this on my lower abdomen helps soothe the pain. If you put more on it kinda "burns" but in a good, warming way. It takes your mind off the pain from cramps. The smell is like wintergreen mints. I love how natural it is. - Emily
- I have fibromyalgia and the DoTerra Deep Blue Rub helps with my achy joints and muscles perfectly. It has a sweet spearmint smell and you only need a little bit at a time. - Melissa
- This is a game-changer. Sore muscles, aches, and pains but you don’t want to take medication? This will help you in so many ways. It doesn’t take much and you rub into the muscle...you will feel relief! - Farah
- This is perfect if you are in a sport and you get injured. It’s like icy hot, it has a soothing feel. Within a minute, your pain is way less to none. It’s honestly worth the price. I definitely recommend - Kaylee
- This rub is everything! Ran a half marathon last month and it saved me. Minimal soreness the next day and my muscles felt much more relaxed. Cooling sensation combined with a great scent, non-greasy... perfect!! -Ashlyn
- I cannot use anything else! I love that it is safe for pregnancy and I can trust the purity of the natural ingredients in it, as d?TERRA is SO transparent about their purity and sourcing !!! - Maron
- I was skeptical this would work as I love Voltaren but I was pleasantly surprised at how effective it was on my sore neck! Smells amazing too. I love trying the natural option. - Julie
- This stuff is a godsend after a tough workout! It soaks in and relaxes my muscles better than anything else I’ve tried. - Micaela
- DoTerra Deep Blue Rub is amazing! A little bit goes a long way and it soothes my aches and pains. After a big day of skiing, I rub some on my sore muscles, sit back and start to feel the relief. I also use it on my feet for relief from stabbing discomfort on the bottom of my feet. - Christa
- This is the best thing to ever come into my life. I suffer from chronic pain and with very little, it takes my pain away. And knowing it’s natural helps a lot. - Tanya
- It's amazing what Deep Blue has done for me. I have arthritis and much fatigue and tenderness in my muscles and have had rotator cuff surgery, and this stuff calms the discomfort enough for me to sleep thru the night. - Arlene
- This product is everything. doTERRA's deep blue rub is one of the things that got me through my last pregnancy! With all of my sore muscles and body aches. This was such a lifesaver! - Chelsea
- I have tried a lot of different products to help with my back and hip pain after having kids and this is THE ONLY one that has helped me! - Kylee
- I have had issues with my back and neck due to a car accident and I suffer from head tension. That being said, I woke up the other morning in so much pain. I had a migraine and my neck and shoulders were super tight. I rubbed this on and within a few minutes, the pain started to be relieved. - Jacqueline
- This is by far my FAVORITE cream to use for achy, sore, painful joints and muscles! Once you apply it, you instantly feel the cream penetrating to your muscles/joints. It seriously works instantly and lasts quite a while too. I typically only apply once or twice a day depending on how sore I am. In my opinion, I think it beats out tiger balm and icy hot - Maria
- This is such a lifesaver. It has a great heating and cooling sensation that gets into your muscles and helps them relax after you've worked out too hard, or slept wrong,t. Love it - 10/10 would highly recommend. - Heather
- I love this blend as a way to soothe my sore muscles after a good workout or relieve tension in my neck after a long day at the computer. I also feel good about using it because of the natural ingredients it was made with. - Ange
- I use it for head tension and restless leg syndrome and my mom uses it for chronic pain. - Sarah
- Put it on my legs at night to help with circulation..less likely to have cramps. Also for head tension, that time of the month and when my neck is bothering me. - Katherine
- Let me count the ways...after a long day on the computer on my wrists and hands; feet, ankles and lower calves after a long training session in a store; shoulders and back of the neck after a workout; lower back; when sciatica decides to rear its ugly head... I feel like it's my go-to! And when my partner says he's got an ache I just hand him the tube. - Lisa
- Deep Blue Rub has been a savior for my headaches for over a year compared to Advil which rarely worked. - Nancy
- I hurt my knee and was 'eating' Tylenol and Advil just to give me a little bit of relief. Started Deep Blue. Not one med in almost 4 months now. - Susan
- I have been having a lot of problems with aching feet, my right one especially. I applied deep blue and peppermint and I can feel it working right away! So much better than Advil or Tylenol! - Sherry
- I love deep blue rub for arthritis in my knees. It takes the pain away and makes my day more bearable. It's a definite must to take everywhere I go! - Denean
- I use Deep Blue on my shoulders when I have a headache - a very little bit goes a long way! - Natalie
- I suffer from shoulder/arm pain. Last night I rubbed deep blue into my shoulder/arm then topped it off with the deep blue essential oil. I can't believe how awesome it worked!! - Kimberley
- Deep blue is awesome!! I also layer it with copaiba. Great pain relief!! - Rosalind
- I had been in pain for days, I don't honestly know why I held off applying deep blue oil but when I did, let me tell you, the next morning the pain was gone and hasn't returned since! It's been two weeks and only one application. - Jennifer
- This is my first menstrual cycle since ordering my deep blue and OMG!!! Where has it been my whole life?! I could tell the minute I opened it, my body needed it. Rubbed some on my lower back & wrists & have been occasionally just taking a deep breath in over the open bottle.... within a matter of minutes my entire achy irritable persona changed. I got off the couch, felt better, made dinner and I am in love. I feel so so much better! - Lillian
- I am new to using oils. My fiance thought I was joking how great the Deep Blue works. I finally got him to let me use some on him. I had to leave for work so I called him to check in and he told me "what's in that? Because it feels like you just dropped an aspirin on my back. This stuff rocks!" - Kelly
- Deep Blue is the oil that convinced my fiancee the oils were not bogus! He is a heavy mechanic so it does WONDERS for his sore achy muscles after work! - Allie
- I absolutely love this product. This is a must-have in every household. Any muscle ache, joint pain, cramps, anything that hurts you rub this on and you can immediately feel it go deep and penetrate into your muscles. This blows Icey hot, and tiger balm out of the waters plus it is all-natural so no major chemicals. I bought many bottles of these and a little goes a long way. My father in law also has gout and arthritis and this helps him a lot. Brings him much comfort through his many days and nights of pain. - Tara
- I absolutely love this product!!! :) I didn't believe that these products would work well but lately, I've been getting a lot of head tension from the knots in my neck. I use this on my neck and temples and it does help quickly. I hate having to take medicine so often so this has been a healthy and easy alternative - Brittany
- 10/10 would recommend! My husband plays football and was having major (almost career-ending) pain in his hamstring. After only a week of massaging deep blue into his hamstring morning and night, he was back to full function - Sydney
- I bought two as gifts - one for my dad who is an avid runner and one for my boyfriend who suffers from back pain following surgery. Both of them told me this stuff works really well and eased their pain in both of their situations. It also has a pleasant smell that isn't too powerful or offensive. They both suggest rubbing it in at night before bed, you'll wake up feeling much better the next day. - Angela
- I use this after long cardio sessions and yoga classes. It really relaxes and helps my back. My boyfriend also has arthritis in his knees and this helps the pain A LOT! - Lydia
- Doterra deep blue rub has been amazing. I get very stiff shoulders from doing martial arts and sometimes I get banged up pretty good. Once this gets applied to the area in question, I find almost instant relief. I couldn't recommend it more for anyone who has achy muscles. - James
- As someone who suffers from chronic back pain and doesn’t like to take medications, this is a very good pain reliever. I love that it’s pretty much natural and has essential oils - Stefanie
- This rub is my absolute favorite. I use it for back pain, and especially for leg cramps when pregnant. It is the only thing I found that helps relieve the tension in my neck and shoulders that often causes headaches. I will never be without this product in my home. - C.O.
- This stuff is seriously amazing. I may be a little biased because I swear by DoTerra, but this has helped so many people in my family when it comes to joint and muscle pain. Men seem to be stubborn when it comes to these types of things, but the men in my family are now obsessed with using Deep Blue Rub - Courtney
- It is one topical that truly worked for me!!! I would highly recommend this for anyone who suffers from muscle spasms, or chronic muscle aches and pain. It works well for any overworked muscles groups.- Issa
- If I could give this more than five stars I would. This stuff is amazing. It is like icy hot on crack. The smell isn't super aggressive and it soaks in and gets deep into the pain and relieves it. - Kim
- This is my go-to any time I overdo it and have a stiff back or neck. It works amazingly well to soothe sore muscles and its natural! My dad who has had multiple back surgeries uses this to relieve his temporary aches and pains as well. Natural Ben Gay. Love it! - Abby
- I swear by this stuff! Not only is it an all-natural product with wonderful essential oils in it, it actually works! This helps me when I am having horrible leg cramps and back pain. - Sophie
- This product is a must-have in active households. With 3 kids in competitive sports, we carry Deep Blue everywhere with us. We used to be die-hard fans of Biofreeze, but this product works so much better. It's instantaneous. - B. Tree
- We use this at my work for massage therapy and the results are amazing! Clients always call a few days later and say they really felt so much better pain wise than compared to just a plain massage. Healthy, natural alternative for pain relief! Definitely recommend. - Andrea
Which Deep Blue Product is Right for me?
The doTERRA Deep Blue blends comes in several different formats and mixtures. Find the one that will work best for you and your health needs.
Deep Blue Oil Blend (5 mL) - Your best option for an intense way to soothe and cool tired muscles is the doTERRA Deep Blue Oil Blend.
- Apply on feet and knees before and after exercise.
- Massage with a few drops of carrier oil onto growing kids’ legs before bedtime.
- Rub on lower back muscles after a day of heavy lifting at work or during a move.
- Massage onto growing kids' legs before bedtime.
- Apply on feet and knees before and after exercise.
- Rub on lower back muscles after a day of heavy lifting at work or during a move.
Deep Blue Polyphenol Complex (60 capsules) - Deep Blue Polyphenol Complex provides a unique blend of extracts of Indian frankincense (Boswellia serrata), along with turmeric and ginger that has been clinically studied to promote healthy mobility and function, and can provide soothing support throughout the entire body.
- Take 2 capsules with food per day; 1 capsule in the morning and one in the evening
Deep Blue Rub - The doTERRA Deep Blue Rub is the perfect solution when you need to rub the oils into a large surface area like a knee, shoulder, neck, back or leg. Take your time massaging the cream into your skin. Also available in a large 32 oz Deep Blue Rub Liter Bottle. Great for therapists who apply it to patients daily
- Massage lotion into affected areas.
- For a more intensive treatment, apply Deep Blue Soothing Blend oil on the skin prior to lotion application.
A Deep Blue Study
In a 2018 study published in the Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice Journal, they found that participants with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and/or chronic inflammation who received treatment with a combination of Deep Blue and Copaiba oil for 5 consecutive days required significantly less time to complete dexterity tasks
About a 50% decrease in pain scores, improved finger strength, and significant flexion compared to the subjects who did not receive treatment.
doTERRA Researches also investigated the effect of Deep Blue essential oil blend on human skin cells using the BioMAP dermal fibroblast system. The results indicated that signaling pathways related to inflammation, immunomodulation, and wound healing were affected in cells exposed to Deep Blue essential oil blend.
Deep Blue in a Nutshell
The perfect solution for tired, achy, sore muscles and joints, Deep Blue is the convenient way to carry, easy to apply way to enjoy the benefits of a soothing and comforting blend of Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils. When applied to problem areas, Deep Blue Rub should be on your must-have products on hand for quick relief.
Common Tips to Use Deep Blue
- Apply on joints, hands, and feet before and after exercise
- If using the oil, add a few drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil prior to help leave your skin soft and moisturized
- Massage onto growing kids' legs before bedtime
- Rub on fingers, neck, and shoulders after long hours on the computer or strenuous activity.
- Apply before exercise activities, to decrease any soreness or discomfort afterwards
- For a more intensive treatment, apply the Deep Blue oil blend on the skin prior to the rub.
It's a popular choice used by massage therapists, sports practitioners and exercise professionals.
- Effects of a massage-like essential oil application procedure using Copaiba and Deep Blue oils in individuals with hand arthritis. (2018, November). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30396617
- doTERRA Deep Blue Study. Retrieved from https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/science-research-news-doterra-deep-blue-study
- Why Putting Essential Oils on the Bottom of the Feet Works
- 50 doTERRA Adaptiv Reviews and Testimonials
- Tags: Deep Blue