What is doTERRA Breathe?
doTERRA Breathe maintains feelings of clear airways and easy breathing while minimizing the effects of seasonal threats.
doTERRA Breathe can be applied topically to the chest, back, or bottom of feet, or diffused at nighttime to calm the senses and promote a restful sleep. It comes in four varieties:
- Maintains feelings of clear airways and easy breathing
- Promotes a restful nights sleep
- Helps minimize the effects of seasonal threats
50 doTERRA Breathe Reviews and Testimonials
Over the years, many people have shared their personal experiences and testimonials of the Breathe product line. These are just a small handful of stories that will hopefully provide you an insight into its many uses and benefits.
- Breathe has helped my kids so much. They were unable to sleep or breathe through their nose. Even has helped with the dry cough - Lori
- I really love the Breathe lozenges! For any kind of upper respiratory irritation, I get quick relief from problems like cough, sinus drainage or throat irritation. Easy to carry when I am headed to a meeting or church. The relief lasts for an hour or two. - Nancy
- My husband LOVES rolling the Breathe Roller Bottle on the bridge of his nose and his chest after working a 24 hr shift at the Firehall - helps support clearer breathing after inhaling questionable chemicals! - Ange
- My husband is a self-employed carpenter and fisherman. This is the only one we go through almost more than any other due to his use. He absolutely loves it. It keeps him motivated, focused and breathing clearly at his work which is very physically and mentally challenging. - Brittany
- This little gem has me off my 2nd steroid inhaler. My respirologist can't believe it. Love Easy Air!!!! - Lynne
- Breathe on the big toe to stop my boyfriend from snoring! - Marie
- We moved here to London from BC. Within a month, my son, daughter and myself were suffering from severe asthma and respiratory issues. My son suffered the most and was known on a first name basis at Children's Hospital that initial year and a half. It was a very scary time. I had someone reach out to me and shared Breathe. I started diffusing this in his bedroom, rubbing it (diluted) on his chest, back and bottom of feet. Within a month, he was off steroid shots, puffers, etc. I still have them in our home in case we ever need BUT it has been 4 years!!! - Lisa
- Breathe all the way! Having asthmatic children in my house always on puffers and steroids means that even the smallest cold can have a massive effect! My younger two have successfully gone through a total of 3 colds without having to increase puffers or add in any steroids simply by diffusing in their bedrooms at night !! Now they are asking for it before I can even get it up and running! - Kate
- My newborn had so much mucous it was unbelievable !! Two nights with Breathe and my sweet baby was completely mucous free. - Erin
- I was given a few of the Breathe lozenges to try by a friend. My husband was suffering from bronchitis and suffering from a horrible constant cough when I remembered I had these. After one, he swore they must be illegal as they not only stopped his cough, opened his head but soothed his throat too. After using two, his cough stopped and he was able to get some sleep. They are now a staple in my medicine cabinet. - Sue
- Breathe finally helped my annual bronchitis that antibiotics never fixed! - Jaclyn
- Breathe has been a game-changer for me! I diffuse it with lavender at night to help me sleep, diffuse it alone when I have a head cold, and run it on my chest before long runs in the winter. As a runner, this oil is a must use in the cold! - Nita
- Breathe in my diffuser not only makes my house smell wonderful but backs my allergies and cold symptoms right off. It's like a breath of fresh air! - Laurie
- My daughter (5yrs old) was diagnosed with reactive asthma- each time she catches a bug it affects her lungs- she used to need 2 different puffers twice daily during flare-ups. I started diffusing Breathe at bedtime and rubbing the stick on her chest and now we rarely use puffers during flare-ups! - Carrie
- I love BREATHE. The best thing for nasty smells that people cook for lunch at work, sinuses, earaches, and to get your head in the game when you need a wake up at work. - Joanne
- Breathe does wonders for sinus congestion. 4 drops in a mug of boiling water inhale and instant relief! - Jackie
- Breathe vapor stick work like a charm. I have both sinus congestion, asthma, and a cough that continued after 5 months of doctors' visits and medication. I gave up on the medication and tried Breathe at the suggestion of my acupuncturist and it worked. It quieted the cough at night so that I could sleep, and kept my sinuses open. If you want relief during the day, you must reapply it. The effects seem to be cumulative and after 3 weeks of daily and nightly use, applied above my eyebrows, below my nostrils, on the inside of my collar bones, and the bottoms of my feet, the chronic cough is gone. I am a non-smoker and had already gone to doctors to make sure it wasn't due to an active infection. Frankly, I had given up hope, by the time it arrived in the mail. Imagine my relief when it worked and got rid of the chronic cough. This comes in a stick and essential oil bottle and I own both. I much prefer the stick for both applications, and the ability to keep it where it belongs. It smelled more concentrated than the oil to me. I tried applying the oil to a cotton ball and laying it on my upper chest while I slept, but if you roll over, you lose the cotton ball and the effect of the oil. Both forms of Breathe do work effectively. - Suzanne
- Inhaling Easy Air before going to the gym, and peppermint after for a cool down, refreshing feeling! - Deb
- I love Breathe oil! I use it on my chest, under feet all to help me breathe during seasonal threats like colds and allergies! Breathe is fabulous to diffuse in the bedroom so the husband doesn’t snore! - Sally
- When we use Breathe at night in my granddaughter's room, she does not have the asthma symptoms that she has without its use. She also doesn't have nose bleeds. - Calvarez
- Had sinus issues for WEEKS and tried everything for relief - I was miserable. A few drops of BREATHE in a diffuser in the evenings and I finally started to feel better. I was VERY skeptical of the whole essential oils craze but this stuff seriously helped me. - Gina
- Even though I'm taking allergy medicine, I still had a hard time sleeping at night. My daughter had a diffuser and had me try it with the Breathe. After one night I was convinced it works. A few weeks later I wanted to test it, so I went without it one night. I woke up stuffy and uncomfortable, I'll never go again without it. I don't understand how it works, just that it works for me. - Elena
- This oil was highly recommended by a neighbor. I was shocked at how fast my breathing improved. Used with a diffuser and within 30 minutes or so my breathing was smooth and effortless. I have COPD and this is the only real relief I have had in years. Finally got a good night's sleep LYING DOWN. Wonderful product! - J.R.
- This blend is by far my favorite of them all, it smells so amazing and helps me to breathe better when I have coughs and asthma flare-ups. I’ll put it in a diffuser at night and I feel like it’s calming for my nose and lungs. I’ll also put some on my chest and wrists mixed with a carrier oil at night. - Lidia
- Great to use as soon as you feel any kind of upper respiratory issue arise. You can diffuse, mix with coconut oil and rub on your neck, or use a necklace for essential oils and wear the oil without application. We use this on ourselves and our children and have been able to keep off antibiotics and cold meds since using them. - HDR
- Worth every penny! I don’t really believe in essential oils but this one opens my daughter's sinuses right up. She has severe asthma and bronchopulmonary dysphasia and this product helps her when congested. It also has a calming scent and helps her sleep when she’s sick. - Andrea
- I suffer from sinus infections, allergies, and asthma. This is the only product that helps me OTC! - Carolee
- As a nursing mother and also during my pregnancy, I didn't want to take OTC meds that may mess with my baby or milk supply, so I use Breathe any time I have congestion. Whether it's bronchitis, a sinus infection, or allergies, this stuff will help you breathe and immediately loosen mucus. I will apply this in the middle of my chest to loosen bronchial mucus, down the sides of my nose or along my sinuses to relieve pain and congestion. Usually, within seconds I'm hacking up stuff or blowing my nose. I also use this for getting stubborn baby boogers to come out, but definitely mix it with coconut oil first so you don't irritate baby's skin and also only put in on the chest, below clothing so the baby doesn't rub it into eyes or ingest it. I cannot live without this stuff! Effective and natural! - Lisa
- I order this product to add to a humidifier for one of my Pomeranians who has breathing issues at night (yes, I’m one of 'those’ fur baby mamas, lol). He doesn’t hack/cough anymore as long as this is going in the room where he’s sleeping. - Brianna
- My horse has developed severe allergies with coughing and heaves. This works wonders... better than expensive allergy treatments. - Erica
- Helped my wife’s asthma. Gave a quicker and longer sustained relief than her Albuterol inhaler. Worth every drop. - Ali
- My wife has issues with her sinuses, and this actually seems to have a positive effect on her. She has even stopped having to use a sinus rinse since she started using the DoTerra Breathe oil, and she said she can tell a dramatic difference in how "snotty" she is in the morning. - Dem
- Amazing oil as I have really bad allergies and have a hard time sleeping at night and breathing. I use this over my nose and sinus area along with my throat where I cough and this oil helps so much! I don't have to use allergy medication anymore; this is an amazing fix for me and I'll continue to buy this one too. I also recommend the Breathe cough drops...they are wonderful and work so much better than anything else on the market. - Snorkie
- Love this oil, use it regularly for chest colds, coughs and runny noses. My go-to oil. - Jackie
- I'm an essential oil skeptic, but this product came highly recommended by other moms. My 7-month-old had been on Albuterol breathing treatments off and on for months. She would wake constantly in the night from coughing and congestion. Since we have been using this product in the diffuser at night, she has been sleeping through the night without any issues. She still has symptoms during the day, but we're happy that she is getting the rest she needs at night now. - Pamela
- This blend has been such a help to us throughout the cold season. I have applied to the feet and chest of my children when they were coughing and medications had not even helped, and their coughs are calmed through the night so they could rest well. - Lorrie
- Very refreshing. I find it helpful when my breathing is reduced due to congestion. This product acts as a camphoraceous, meaning it has the power to unblock clogged alveoli sac and restricted bronchial tubes (which I can't actually prove, but it feels like it). The power of eucalyptus oil and peppermint oil form a very powerful, very pungent aromatic camphor that acts directly within the lungs, and on top of that it's like breathing in a York peppermint patty without the calories. This product actually helps more oxygen get inside the body due to increased air circulation and other processes I am not qualified to explain. All I really know is that it does make a very noticeable, critical difference with my light asthma and bronchial problems without the use of man-made prescriptions. I keep this all the time with me, and more on my night table as part of my daily lung-clearing regiment. Absolutely essential. - Matthew
- When I decided to give this a shot, I had been suffering from a sinus infection for months, I was looking for anything to get a little relief. This roll-on was a lifesaver, it smelled amazing, it was a perfect strength, not so strong you offend others around you but not so weak you smell nothing. The eucalyptus was not too strong either. After months of suffering, I finally kicked the sinus infection with the help of this wonderful pocketsize roll-on. - Pinkie
- I like to use Breathe oil especially when I am not feeling well with respiratory distress. I use it on the bottoms of my feet and also on my chest and maybe a drop just under my nose before I go to bed. I would use it in all of the places that I would use Vicks vapor Rub in the past. I also like that I can diffuse this into the air as well. - Heather
- I have bad allergies and asthma and this is the best product you can invest in if your nose is stuffed up or you having an asthma attack. It helps within seconds! - Kaylee
- Any time I have a headache, I reach for this. If I have a cold I reach for this. For my headache, I rub its rollerball across my forehead and in 5 minutes the headache is gone. I roll it on my pillow to sleep better. - Kay
- Love to diffuse this at night!! It helps with my allergies. When I wake up I feel as I am breathing better. My room smells awesome and I feel refreshed and ready to begin my day! - Cynthia
- Works great for many different problems. My friend who has asthma used it when she didn't have her inhaler and it helped clear her breathing. Also great when sick to help clear airway and nose! Rub on bottoms of feet and put on socks and you wake up feeling refreshed. - Sarah
- I was a bit of a skeptic before using this product, but I have to say, now I am hooked! I am absolutely amazed by this product! I was so congested, with a cold and allergies both bothering me, nothing was helping much. My mom had this and made me put some on the bottoms of my feet and on my chest and it was no time before I could breathe! I couldn't believe how fast or how well it worked! I am a true believer in this now! Anyone with congestion or drainage problems should try this out! - Claire
- I typically don't get sick often but when I do, it hits me hard. Whenever I'm congested, I apply to my chest, back and my hands to inhale the scent, and I feel instant relief! I like to get a warm towel and apply it to my back because it helps the oil soak into my skin. I also like using it when I'm feeling really anxious or nervous. Overall, I definitely recommend this oil especially if you have respiratory symptoms. - Maria
- My husband and I own a CrossFit gym and have had our members apply this to their chests before a workout. We’ve had several people come back to us asking for more because they love how it just opens up their airways and makes their workouts easier to get through because they can BREATHE - Kellsi
- This is my go-to for any respiratory problems. Breathe helps open your airways in a flash. I love that this oil has its own line of rollers, throat drops, and a vapor stick. It's easy to use and apply. - Abby
- This is the product we live on. My son has a really stuffy nose - especially during the winter - Breathe is the trusted product in our household. We add few drops to the diffuser and the room is ready for the calm night within minutes. - Olga
- Love this. I’ve also gotten the Breathe touch roll-on that’s already diluted. I use this at night in my diffuser often, especially during allergy season. I’ve also used it before running to help my asthma that flares in cold weather. - Anna
- This oil was recommended to me as I suffer from colds a lot and find my nose gets blocked very easily in a big open office with loads of air-conditioners. I diffuse at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep or use a drop on my palms and inhale directly from palms. Sometimes when I feel a cold coming up, I rub on the chest at bedtime and it helps to breathe easily. - Peter
How to use doTERRA Breathe Products
- Diffuse, inhale directly from palms, or rub on chest or feet when seasonal and environmental threats are high.
- Use when outdoors to minimize the effects of seasonal threats.
- Diffuse at bedtime for a restful environment.
- Apply to chest or feet when seasonal and environmental threats are high.
- Use when outdoors to minimize the effects of seasonal threats.
- Rub on neck, chest, back, or bottom of feet to promote a restful sleep.
- Adults and children 5 years and over: Dissolve 1 drop slowly in the mouth. Repeat every 2 hours as needed.
- Maintains clear airways and breathing
- Supports overall respiratory health
- Apply topically to the chest and breathe deeply to enjoy a cooling, invigorating vapor.
- Quick, convenient delivery system
- Provides a cooling, soothing effect both topically and aromatically