All of these great DIY ideas come from Karrie Truman at HappyMoneySaver.com, so big credit to her! Check her site out for lots of other great DIY ideas, cooking recipes and other money saving tips.
There are so many creative ways to use essential oils, and it's fun to see what people will come up with next!
Sometimes you find ideas that you really fall in love with because they work great and save you a bunch of time, money and just make life a little sweeter.
Here are our favorite 3 DIY recipes from HappyMoneySaver.com that we think you'll enjoy too.
1. DIY Poo Fragrance Spray for the Bathroom
An easy to make DIY poo pourri recipe copycat that is sure to keep your bathrooms smelling fresh, even after you do your business.
- 1 tsp rubbing alcohol
- 30-40 drops essential oils (Any combination of Bergamot, Lemongrass, Wild Orange, Peppermint, or Lavender)
- 3 oz water
- Pour rubbing alcohol in a 3 oz spray container and add essential oils. Add water to fill the container. Give it a good shake and you’re ready to go! I’ve found 3-4 sprays is enough to cover the bowl and trap all of the stink particles below.
- Add water to fill the container.
- Give it a good shake and it's ready for use.
How to Use
Before you go poo in the toilet, spray on top of the water 3-4 sprays which will create a film, trapping the poo smells after you go. Then do your business and flush.
2. Goodbye Dryer Sheets, Hello Dryer Balls
Get rid of dryer sheets forever and replace them with homemade dryer balls! Dryer Balls do everything dryer sheets do (plus more!), are easy to make, and are easy on the wallet.
You only have to make these balls once and they will last a lifetime. Plus, they help to circulate the warm air in your dryer, which means dryer clothes in less time (hello money savings).
Plus, they fluff your clothes too!
- 100% Wool Yarn (or other animal yarn)
- Old Pantyhose
- Purify Cleansing Blend
For directions, check out the full article: Goodbye Dryer Sheets, Hello Dryer Balls. Comes with step by step instructions and helpful pictures.
3. Homemade Sleep Spray
Use this homemade sleep spray to help you sleep better at night or whenever you need a little rest from the hectic stress of the day.
Easy to take with you wherever you go. Maybe spray a little bit around other "special people" you wish would go to sleep too!!
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Vetiver essential oil
- 10 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4- ounce glass spray bottle
In a glass spray bottle, add water and essential oils. Spray on pillows and bed linens while you are getting ready to bed. Shake before each use.
- Tags: DIY