Pungent, refreshing, and sweet, Clementine essential oil supplies a variety of benefits, including its cleansing properties. Clementine’s citrus scent can improve and uplift your mood.
Origins of Clementine
Clementine essential oil comes from the fruit of the Citrus clementina tree. This tree is a hybrid of the mandarin orange and the sweet orange trees. It is believed that the first clementine tree grew spontaneously in an Algerian garden in the late 19th century. It was then introduced to California where several different varieties were cultivated.
Today, clementines are grown throughout the world, and are valued for their sweet taste in addition to the aromatic essential oil that comes from the rind.
What Makes Clementine Different?
Clementines are distinctive among the plants of the Citrus genus. Clementines are more tolerant of temperature variation and don’t need as high heat as other citrus plants.
This means they can grow in areas with more moderate temperatures.
Along with the unique harvesting factors of the tree, Clementine essential oil has a distinct aroma that is similar to Wild Orange, but with subtle Lemon notes. This is thanks to the volatile aromatic compounds that are cold pressed from the peel.
What Is Clementine Essential Oil Good For?
- Boosts the immune system, supports metabolic function, and support gastrointestinal health.
- Relieves occasional heartburn and indigestion
- Aids healthy respiratory function
Aromatic benefits include: Elevation of mood and positive emotions. Help you feel more invigorated and less anxious. Not only does diffusing Clementine lift your emotions, it also purifies and cleanses the air.
Top 5 Uses Of Clementine Essential Oil
- Add 3–4 drops of Clementine to your surface cleaners to enhance cleaning power and provide a sweet, citrus smell.
- Diffuse to encourage a light, pleasant atmosphere.
- To ease occasional heartburn and indigestion, add 1–2 drops of Clementine to juice, tea, or water. You may also try this for a nice twist in flavor and to reinforce digestive health.
- For a natural cleansing boost (and a fresh, zesty scent!), add a few drops to your facial cleanser or shampoo.
- Try including Clementine in one of your favorite recipes for a new taste and to support the digestive and immune systems, as well as a healthy metabolic function.
doTERRA Blends That Contain Clementine
Clementine essential oil is a key ingredient in the following blends
- doTERRA Motivate Blend (5 ml)
- doTERRA Motivate Roll-on Blend (10 ml)
- doTERRA Thinker Roll-on Blend (10 ml)
Where to purchase doTERRA Clementine Essential Oil.
- Why Putting Essential Oils on the Bottom of your Feet Works
- 50 doTERRA Deep Blue Reviews and Testimonials
- Tags: Clementine