What is a Skin Tag
A skin tag is a common skin growth in which a short, narrow stalk sticks out. Skin tags are usually harmless and painless. In the U.S. alone, there are a reported 3 million cases.
The main symptom is a growth on the skin, often on the neck, upper chest, underarms, and eyelids. They may become irritated from rubbing against clothing.
Most skin tags don't require treatment. If a skin tag is irritated or its appearance is bothersome, a doctor can remove it or one of many remedies could be used.
What is a Mole?
A mole is a disorder of pigment-producing skin cells. It is often large and caused by a disorder involving melanocytes, cells that produce pigment (melanin). Melanocytic nevi can be rough, flat, or raised.
Moles can exist at birth or appear later. Rarely, melanocytic nevi can become cancerous. Most cases don't require treatment, but some cases require removal.
More than 3 million cases per year in the U.S.
Topical Use of Essential Oils
Essential oils easily penetrate the skin for localized benefits, making topical (on the skin) application a great way to experience the benefits of essential oils.
When used topically, essential oils can improve complexion and skin tone, be part of a soothing massage, or help protect, repair and rejuvenate. Before topical application, be sure to follow all label recommendations and dilution instructions.
Beneficial Areas You Can Apply Essential Oils
- Forehead and temples (unless the oil is classified as a “hot oil”)
- Chest and abdomen
- Arms, legs, bottoms of feet
Other Ways to Use Essential Oils Topically
- Add a few drops of oil to a warm bath
- Make a hot or cold compress by soaking a cloth in water, adding essential oils, and then applying to the desired area
- Add oil to a lotion or moisturizer and then apply to skin
Sensitive Areas to be Avoided
- Some facial areas, such as the skin around the eyes
- Eyes and inner ears
- Broken, damaged, or otherwise injured skin
Recipe for Skin Tags and Moles
- 2 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 2 drops of oregano oil
- 1 drop of frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop of lavender essential oil
- 1 teaspoon of fractionated coconut oil
doTERRA Certified Pure Tested Grade essential oils are the most effective and safest oils to use.
If you don't have a doTERRA account yet, create one first. This will allow you to shop at wholesale right from the start plus any time you need in the future
- Tags: Skin Care