doTERRA Valerian Essential Oil
From the Latin ‘valere’ meaning ‘to be well’, valerian is a perennial flowering plant with pink blossoms that bloom in the spring when the plant roots are harvested. One of the
oldest and most well-studied qualities of Valerian essential oil is its ability to support restful feelings, dating back to ancient Greek and Roman times. The oil itself is steam
distilled from valerian root, rich in sesquiterpenes and sesquiterpenols, known for their relaxing properties. Valerian essential oil may help to calm and ease during moments of unrest and provide a grounding, earthy aroma when used in recipes and at-home remedies.
In co-operation with farmers, distillers and scientists, doTERRA has discovered the best way to extracting the most potent and pure Valerian essential oil. Learn more about the impact Valerian essential oil is having in the rural area of Guizhou, China.
- Provides a grounding, earthy aroma
- Ideal to use as part of a restful night-time routine
- A unique flavouring to help promote welcoming, tranquil moments
- Include in your favourite evening beverage
- Add a warm, comforting flavour to savoury or sweet dishes by adding Valerian
- Turn to Valerian during periods of unrest to offer comfort and groundedness
- Apply topically on the back of the neck or on the bottoms of feet at bedtime
- Add a few drops to your shower basin or bathwater as you wind down with an evening shower or bath
Directions for Use
Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Internal: For food favouring
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.