doTERRA Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex
Beginning as a young adult, almost every function of a woman’s body is controlled by hormones. A balance of normal hormone levels will influence a woman’s good health and emotional well-being from her early teens to her transition through menopause. dōTERRA Women Phytoestrogen Essential Complex is a blend of standardized plant phytoestrogens that support hormone balance gently and naturally. It also includes concentrated flax seed lignans to promote healthy metabolism. Eating right, exercising, and balancing hormone levels can help reduce uncomfortable issues associated with PMS and the transition through menopause, and will provide additional support for healthy bones, heart, breast tissue, and other body structures and function as a woman ages.
Maintaining good health and vitality throughout life requires eating right, exercising, managing stress, and avoiding exposure to toxins in addition to other healthy lifestyle choices. Choosing natural, complementary wellness products as part of an overall health-care strategy can also support wellness as we age. Women have particular health needs that may require specific and targeted dietary and lifestyle choices. If not addressed early in life, these specific health requirements can lead to uncomfortable and persistent issues associated with hormone cycles and aging.
Almost every function in a woman’s body is controlled by hormones. Estrogen and progesterone are particularly important hormones for women and will influence a woman’s good health and emotional well-being throughout her lifetime. High estrogen production in young women can result in significant issues related to menstruation, while the production of too little estrogen as a woman ages can impact many aspects of a woman’s reproductive health and can be a contributing factor to the health challenges that some women experience during and after menopause. Balancing healthy estrogen levels will help minimize monthly hormone swings and the hormone fluctuations associated with menopause.
Hormone Metabolites: Hormones are metabolized in the liver creating bioactive metabolites. Maintaining a healthy ratio of estrogen metabolites in the body is critical to a woman’s health. Current research shows that an imbalance of certain metabolites can negatively impact a woman’s health as she ages. Leading an active lifestyle and eating a diet rich in essential nutrients and foods containing natural phytoestrogens can help keep the by-products of estrogen metabolism in healthy balance.
Phytoestrogens: Phytoestrogens are compounds found in plants that have similar properties to estrogen produced in the body. The size and shape of phytoestrogen molecules are similar to estrogen and can bind with estrogen beta receptors in cells. Beta receptors are predominately found in skin, bone, and cardiovascular tissues where increased estrogen activity has positive health benefits, while beta receptors are low in tissues of the breasts and uterine areas where over exposure to estrogen may be of concern. In addition to producing gentle estrogenic effects in the body, phytoestrogens can help balance hormones and hormone metabolites by blocking estrogens from binding to cells.
- Provides supplemental dietary phytoestrogens that help balance and support normal hormone levels
- Provides nutritional support for managing estrogen metabolism
- Can be used to complement a program of eating right, exercising, and hormone therapy to help minimize the uncomfortable symptoms of PMS and transition through menopause
- Supports healthy bones, heart, breast tissue and other body structures and functions as a women ages
- Includes a potent soy extract standardized to 64 percent isoflavone content with a minimum of 50 percent genistein, scientifically substantiated to provide health benefits in women
- Contains a flax seed extract standardized to 40 percent lignans, which is helpful in managing estrogen metabolism
- Formulated with a standardized pomegranate extract providing powerful antioxidant support
- All-natural formula made with sodium lauryl sulfate-free HPMC vegetable capsules
Directions for Use
- Pre- and peri-menopausal women. Take one (1) to two (2) capsules daily with food or as needed
- Post-menopausal women. Take two (2) capsules daily with food, ideally formulated to be taken with doTERRA Women Bone Nutrient Complex, ClaryCalm monthly essential oil blend, and Lifelong Vitality Pack
Q: At what age should a woman start using phytoestrogen?
A: dōTERRA Women Phytoestrogen Essential Complex is safe for use by women from early teens through all phases of life to balance hormones naturally. Phytoestrogens, such as those found in soybeans and in our dōTERRA Women Phytoestrogen Essential Complex, have been shown to be protective and supportive of healthy bones, heart, breast tissue, and other body structures and functions as a woman ages.
Q: Is there such a thing as taking too much phytoestrogen and becoming unbalanced?
A: No. Research shows phytoestrogens don’t lower estrogen levels, but can help balance out the effects of estrogen produced by the body and support health as estrogen production declines post menopause.† Follow suggested use and consult healthcare provider.
Q: Is this formula truly a natural whole food supplement?
A: Every ingredient in this product is derived from a whole food source. The genistein comes from whole soy beans, the lignin from flax seed, and the ellagic acid from pomegranate.
Q: Can this product be considered GMO-free and gluten-free?
A: dōTERRA Women Phytoestrogen Essential Complex is free of genetically modified material and does not contain gluten.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
I did my research when it comes to choosing a phytoestrogen supplement. My mom struggled through her menopause transition and developed osteoporosis later on. So when my period became irregular at about the same age, I took no chances and started looking for the right supplement. The Doterra formula is perfect because it's made from food ingredients that I already like, and nothing that according to my research can have unwanted effects. The product is having a positive effect on my cycle feels. It feels like the right things are still going on, even if not as strongly or regularly as in the younger years. And it's super important for the bones to be nourished by phytoestrogens. I may never get off this supplement.