doTERRA Cistus Essential Oil
Cistus is a fast-growing, perennial shrub found on rocky soil. Its large, paper-thin, rose-like flowers last only a single day and have no fragrance. Cistus essential oil comes from the sticky, resinous leaves and branches and features a sweet almond, cherry-like aroma.
Also known as Rock Rose, Sun Rose, Rose of Sharon, and Labdanum, Cistus was used as perfume and incense in Biblical times. For centuries, Cistus has been used during meditation and for wellness purposes. High in α-pinene, doTERRA CPTG Certified Pure Tested Grade™ Cistus essential oil may be soothing and calming to skin according to experimental research. Due to its cleansing properties, it can be added to household cleaning products.
- Provides a rich, sweet, warm aroma
- Creates a tranquil and peaceful environment
- May be soothing to the skin
- Helps keep the surfaces of your home clean
- Apply to skin for a calming effect
- Use with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a comforting massage
- Add to a room diffuser to refresh the space
- Useful during meditation
Directions For Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical Use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Warm, sweet, almond/cherry like
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.