Where does Nootka oil come from?
Nootka oil is distilled from the majestic Nootka cedar tree of the Pacific Northwest, a relative of Arborvitae, and is known as one of the strongest cedar varieties in the world and is often referred to as yellow cedar or yellow cypress.
This tree gets its name from a word associated with the indigenous peoples who resided in an area called Nootka Sound off the west coast of Vancouver and is known as one of the strongest cedar varieties in the world.
What does Nootka oil smell like?
Its aroma, reminiscent of the forest, provides a clear and uplifting atmosphere to any indoor space. doTERRA uses the residual wood from the foresting industry, materials that would have otherwise been wasted, to distill and produce Nootka essential oil.
Nootka essential oil has a fresh, exotic, outdoorsy aroma with deep earthy undertones, providing a unique aromatic experience among other wood and needle essential oils.
What are the primary benefits of Nootka oil?
This remarkable essential oil is known for its cleansing properties for the skin and surfaces, and can lend a refreshing and energizing fragrance to any massage or skincare routine.
Carvacrol, one of the main chemical components of Nootka essential oil, makes Nootka oil simultaneously gentle and potent enough to help maintain clean, healthy-looking skin.
What are the common uses of Nootka oil?
- Massage: Add one to two drops of Nootka oil with 10 drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil and rub into desired areas as part of a soothing massage.
- Bath: Add two drops of Nootka oil to an Epsom salt bath for a fresh, forest-like aroma while you relax in a warm soak.
- Skincare: Add one drop of Nootka oil to your daily facial cleanser for a boosted clean and to give skin a healthy-looking appearance.
- Surface Cleaning: Add five drops of Nootka oil to a spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands as an effective cleanser.
- Diffusion: Diffuse three to five drops of Nootka oil indoors of to bring the peaceful aroma of the forest into your space.
The Nootka cedar gets its name from the Nootka tribe. These First Nation people resided in an area called Nootka Sound in the Canada’s Western region.
What oils blend well with Nootka oil?
The aroma of Nootka oil pairs well with the following essential oils: Patchouli oil, Bergamot oil, Cardamom oil, and Yellow Mandarin oil.
Where to purchase Nootka essential oil?