The doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist is the perfect product for on-the-go hand sanitizing. If you run out before you have the chance to order more, no worries, it's pretty easy to make yourself and only takes a minute.
What is doTERRA On Guard Hand Sanitizing Mist Spray?
Germs, bugs, microbes, bacteria—no matter what you call them, they’re everywhere. They can be found living on our skin, cell phones, keyboards, door handles, and elsewhere.
The manual removal of bacteria using soap and warm water is still the number one defense mechanism against bacteria and germs that make us sick. At times, we may not have access to soap and water, so a portable, easy-to-carry sanitizer can often come in handy.
What Makes it Unique?
By incorporating essential oils, alcohol, and moisturizing agents, doTERRA On Guard Hand Sanitizing Mist is a quick-drying antiseptic spray that also helps hydrate the skin.
The doTERRA On Guard Protective Blend is used in the sanitizing mist and it's made up of the following essential oils:
The essential oils give this sanitizing mist its uplifting, bright, and spicy aroma. In addition, the constituents found in many of these oils and the oils themselves have been shown to have surface cleansing properties.
Ethyl alcohol is what gives this mist its sanitizing properties, killing 99.9 percent of germs. It does this by clumping and denaturing important bacterial proteins, eventually causing these harmful cells to burst open.
While other hand sanitizers may feel harsh on the skin and leave it feeling dry, doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist includes apple fruit extract to moisturize and hydrate the hands, leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth.
How to Make On doTERRA Guard Hand Sanitizing Mist Spray
- 1/4 tsp Vitamin E Oil
- 1 tbsp 60% or higher Rubbing Alcohol (optional)
- 15 drops dōTERRA On Guard Essential Oil
- Distilled Water
- Container of choice (at least 3-4oz)
- In a container of your choice, pour in the Vitamin E Oil and Rubbing Alcohol.
- Add 15 drop or more of doTERRA On Guard Protective Blend
- Top off with distilled water
How should I use it?
- If you're traveling anywhere, keep the doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist in your carry-on or roadtrip bag to cleanse your hands.
- Keep a bottle of the doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist in your gym bag for use after touching gym equipment.
- Put a bottle of the doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist in your purse when you're on the go, or add it your teenager’s backpack at school for convenient easy access.
- The doTERRA On Guard Hand Sanitizing Mist is infused with a natural apple extract, which naturally moisturizes your hands rather than leaving them dry like other sanitizers.
- Also included in the sanitizing mist is the naturally derived ingredient USP Certified ethyl alcohol which gives the mist antiseptic properties to effectively cleanse hands and prevent the spread of bacteria.
doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist is formulated for when you’re on the go. Capable of eliminating nearly all bacteria and germs present on the hands, this mist will also help soothe and hydrate the skin. Whether you’re helping the kids load their backpacks for the school year or packing your own bag for the day, make sure a bottle of doTERRA On Guard Hand Sanitizing Mist makes its way in there too. Help your family stay happy and healthy year-round by giving them the protection they need.