doTERRA Star Anise Essential Oil
The star anise tree is an evergreen indigenous to southeastern Asia. Usually the trees grow only 14-20 feet high, but they can reach up to 65 feet. In Chinese culture, the plant is called “eight-horned anise” or simply “eight horns,” referring to the usually eight-follicled fruit. Anethole, the main chemical component of Star Anise, is what creates the characteristic licorice aroma that Star Anise essential oil and fruit are known for.
doTERRA Star Anise essential oil has many benefits, both topically and internally. Immune system support and healthy cellular function are just a couple of the main benefits Star Anise offers. Star Anise is most commonly known for its support of digestive health. As a main ingredient in dōTERRA DigestZen®, Star Anise can be used to calm an occasional upset stomach. Star Anise can also support feelings of relaxation when taken internally.
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
- Relaxing to the mood
- Put 1-2 drops of Star Anise essential oil in tea to support healthy digestion.
- Dilute a drop or two of Star Anise oil with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a soothing massage
- Take a drop or two internally to promote relaxing feelings
- Blend with floral or wood oils to create a grounding and emotionally balancing experience.
- Plant Part: Fruit/Leaf/Seed
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Aromatic Description: Sweet, spicy, fresh, licorices-like
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Internal Use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid
Topical Use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with fractionated coconut oil to minimize skin sensitivity.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.