doTERRA Turmeric Essential Oil
Commonly known for its Ayurvedic health uses, Turmeric is a staple for your daily health routine and, when taken internally, promotes a positive immune function and response.
A key botanical in traditional Indian Ayurvedic health practices, turmeric root and oil have a long history that’s inspired modern uses. Steam-distilled from the root, Turmeric essential oil has two unique chemical components: turmerone and ar-Turmerone. Most known for their nervous system benefits, these components make using Turmeric internally a staple in your daily health routine.
Turmeric essential oil is beneficial however you use it—internally, topically, or aromatically. Advantageous to the immune system, ingested Turmeric may have soothing benefits that promote a positive immune response and healthy circulation. Turmeric can help promote clear, smooth, and radiant-looking skin. It also serves as a great burst of flavor in your favorite savory meals and offers a warm, spicy, and earthy aroma when diffused.
- Helps support healthy glucose and lipid metabolism
- Enhance cellular antioxidant enzymes (e.g. glutathione)
- Helps support healthy nervous and cellular function
- Has been shown to increase curcumin potency and absorption
- Promotes healthy immune function and response
- When diffused, Turmeric provides an emotional lift and may help improve mood
- Supports clean and healthy-looking skin while reducing the appearance of blemishes
- Take internally for daily antioxidant support and to improve immune response.
- As metabolic support, use Turmeric when trying to get back on track.
- When needed, use Turmeric as a spot treatment or in an all-over face mask to help reduce the appearance of blemishes or for a healthy-looking overall glow.
- Diffuse Turmeric or put a drop or two into your hand and inhale to promote feelings of positivity and to improve mood.
- After strenuous activity, incorporate Turmeric into your recovery routine for a soothing experience.
Directions for Use
Aromatic: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical: Apply one to three drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Warm, spicy, earthy, woody
This oil is Kosher certified.
Also Available as
doTERRA Turmeric Dual Chamber Capsules is a revolutionary product that combines Certified Pure Tested Grade Turmeric essential oil and turmeric extract in a dual chamber capsule. This creates a powerful synergy of turmerones and curcuminoids, maximizing the effectiveness and benefits of both compounds toward a healthy inflammatory response.
Turmeric Tea Recipe
You have a plethora of reasons to take Turmeric essential oil internally, and this easy homemade tea offers a delicious and healthy way to do so. Make a cup and enjoy!
This coconut milk tea is all about the Turmeric oil, which gives it a surprisingly subtle herbal flavor. There are many varied reasons for taking Turmeric oil internally, and this tea offers a delicious and healthy way to do so. While you can buy Turmeric spice at your grocery store, Turmeric oil has been shown to increase the potency of a substance found in turmeric roots called Curcumin. Curcumin is used in India for a variety of health concerns. However, it can be hard for the body to absorb curcumin. Which brings us to another benefit of using the oil instead of the spice—because of the turmerones in the oil, it can increase how well your body can absorb it.
Coconut milk and butter have natural fatty acids and make for a creamy texture. If you’re lactose intolerant, ghee is a great alternative—it is known as clarified butter, and while the lactose is gone, the butter taste is left behind. Honey is used as a natural sweetener, but it also contains helpful vitamins and minerals.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter (or ghee)
- 1–2 drops Turmeric oil
- Turmeric spice for garnish
- Heat coconut milk and water in a saucepan on low for three to four minutes
- Add butter, honey, and Turmeric essential oil and stir until butter melts and ingredients combine
- Pour into mugs and add a pinch of turmeric powder as an optional garnish. Serve hot
- You can also add a drop of Ginger oil for a heartier flavor
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.