doTERRA Cilantro Essential Oil
Applied topically, Cilantro essential oil is soothing and cooling to the skin, and adds a fresh, herbal aroma to any essential oil blend when diffused. Use topically for cleansing of the skin and nails, or of household surfaces. Cilantro essential oil’s culinary uses are also endless, adding a flavorful twist to meats, salads, and dips.
Like other spice and herb essential oils, Cilantro essential oil can be used to add and enhance flavor in food dishes. Aside from culinary uses, Cilantro essential oil shares the chemical component linalool with other tender-leaf herb essential oils (such as Basil oil), a property that provides skin-soothing sensations and surface cleansing properties. In contrast to other tender-leaf herb essential oils, Cilantro essential oil’s high contents of the constituent trans-2-decenal gives it an aroma that is cooler and crisper than its relatives, as well as amplifies its cleansing properties.
- Adds a distinct cilantro flavor to water and recipes
- Soothes, cools and moisturizes dry skin
- Freshens breath
- Can help clean cuticles and fingernails
- Add to mouth rinse for fresh breath
- Add to moisturizer to soothe dry skin and to provide a fresh aroma.
- Place on bottom of feet to create a peaceful, fresh aroma before bed
- Apply topically to fingernails and toenails to keep them looking clean and healthy
- Combine with Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage into skin for a soothing and cooling effect
- Spice up citrus diffuser blends with Cilantro oil for a fresh, sweet, and herbal aroma
- Add to dips, salsa, and guacamole for a fresh, herbal flavor
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. May dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Fresh, herbal, sweet, pungent
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.