doTERRA Cardamom Essential Oil
Through a collaborative sourcing initiative in Guatemala, doTERRA retrieves high quality Cardamom seeds which are distilled into Cardamom essential oil that can assist with gastrointestinal and respiratory health.
A close relative to Ginger, Cardamom is known as an expensive cooking spice and for being beneficial to the digestive system in a variety of ways. Cardamom is commonly used internally to help soothe occasional
stomach discomfort. Its distinct scent can promote a positive mood. Ingested Cardamom also has profound effects on the respiratory system due to its high 1,8-cineole content, which promotes clear breathing and respiratory health. Native to Southeast Asia, Cardamom is added to traditional Indian sweets and teas for its cool, minty aroma and flavor. doTERRA Cardamom essential oil is extracted from Cardamom seeds grown in Guatemala, using our strict CPTG testing standards. Through a collaborative and responsible sourcing arrangement, we are able to have a significant impact on the lives of local partners, ensuring that these farming communities enjoy improved livelihoods.
- May help ease indigestion and maintain overall gastrointestinal health
- Promotes clear breathing and respiratory health
- Flavorful spice for cooking and baking
- Used to help relieve colds and cough
- Used as a carminative and antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort
- Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil for an invigorating massage
- Apply to chest and inhale deeply for an energizing aroma
- Add one drop to full tub of water for a relaxing bath
- Add to homemade chocolate for a unique flavor profile
- Add to bread, meats, and salads to enhance food flavor
- Blend with Lavender and diffuse for a relaxing aroma
- Diffuse for a clearing, refreshing aroma that will brighten any day
- Apply to palms and inhale for a harmonious scent to promote a sense of focus
Directions for use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. May dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Spicy, fruity, warm, balsamic
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.