doTERRA Basil Essential Oil
The spicy, yet herbal nature of Basil makes it a versatile oil that can be used to promote focus and alertness, or to add a little extra flavor while cooking.
Basil has a warm, spicy, yet herbal aroma known to reduce anxious feelings. Basil also provides great benefits to both the mind and body due to its high linalool content, making it an ideal application to help reduce feelings of tension when applied to the temples and back of the neck. Basil is commonly used in cooking to add a fresh, herbal flavor to meats, pastas, and entrée dishes, and it is also cooling to the skin. The aroma of Basil helps promote a sense of focus and a stress-relieving experience.
- Helps to keep the skin looking clean, clear, and healthy
- Promotes mental alertness and lessens anxious feelings when diffused
- Supports cardiovascular and nervous system health when consumed internally
- Apply topically during warm weather for a cooling sensation.
- Apply to back of neck while studying or reading for an energizing aroma
- Combine with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to abdomen for a soothing massage
- Combine one drop Basil and one drop Tea Tree with Fractionated Coconut Oil, then apply to neck and behind ears for a skin-soothing experience
- Diffuse with Lime, Bergamot, or Peppermint for an invigorating aroma
- Diffuse for a relaxing fragrance while studying, reading or finalizing a project
- Infuse olive oil with Basil for an Italian bread dip
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. May dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Warm, spicy, herbal
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.