What's Black Spruce Essential Oil?
Contributed by Dr. Damian Rodriguez, DHSc, MS
How Is Black Spruce Essential Oil Unique?
A member of the pine family, Black Spruce is a tree that grows all over the northernmost regions of North America. The slow-growing, upright black spruce tree dominates much of the Alaskan and northeast Canada landscape because it is particularly hearty and tolerant of nutrient-poor soils.
Generally considered too small to be used for timber, black spruce is often used as pulp to produce smaller consumer items, such as chopsticks. Possibly the most important feature of the black spruce is the volatile aromatic compounds that are produced within its needles that results in an essential oil with amazing aromatic and topical benefits.
How Can I Use Black Spruce Aromatically?
The first thing you notice when you open the essential oil is the aroma, and the crisp, woody scent of Black Spruce is no different. Black Spruce has a potent grounding and restoring aroma that is a perfect complement to many environments and situations.
- Diffuse to promote relaxation throughout the day.
- Put a few drops in your palms, rub together, and inhale before to promote a grounding effect and feelings of clear breathing.
How Can I Use Black Spruce Topically?
Black Spruce is known for its cleansing properties that provide a number of uses around the home and in your daily self-care regimen.
- Add a few drops of Black Spruce to your DIY surface cleaner for an earthy scent and increased surface cleansing
- Use as your primary essential oil in an aromatherapy massage to take advantage of its skin cleansing and soothing properties.
Whether diffused to help maintain a relaxing environment or used to improve your skin Black Spruce essential oil is the perfect addition to your daily essential oil regimen.
- Shop doTERRA Black Spruce Essential Oil
- 3 Reasons Why Essential Oils on the Bottom of the Feet Works
- Tags: Black Spruce