Contributed by Dr. Damian Rodriguez, DHSc, MS
Lemon Eucalyptus is a tall tree native to Australia characterized by smooth bark and narrow leaves. When steam distilled, the dried leaves and twigs emit volatile aromatic compounds that have a heavy citrusy scent. Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil is a perfect example of why the power of essential oils lies in their unique and diverse chemistry.
Ways To Use Lemon Eucalyptus
- Put a few drops of Lemon Eucalyptus into your personal essential oil inhaler to brighten your mood throughout the day.
- Combine 2–3 drops of Lemon Eucalyptus and 2–3 drops of Citronella essential oil with water in a spray bottle. Spray on the skin before going outside to protect against environmental threats or simply to keep skin clean and healthy-looking.
- Add 1 drop to your toothpaste to promote clean teeth.
- Add 1 drop to your shampoo to increase the cleansing power and help keep your scalp moisturized and healthy.
- Diffuse at home to purify the air.
Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil is a great essential oil for the home, health and outdoors. You can use it topically, internally and aromatically.