Emotional Aromatherapy Bath Bombs
Creating a spa-like environment in your home can easily be done using simple household ingredients and essential oils. Bath bombs are a fun way to add excitement to your senses while enjoying the benefits of essential oils.
Bath bombs are excellent gifts for both adults and children. When making for kids, try adding some color to the mixture. Not only will they love that the water changes colors, but they'll also love the fizz from the bath bomb.
Note: If you don't have a bathtub, these bath bombs can still be effective in a shower. The water will help dissolve the bath bomb and release the aroma of the essential oils into the steam.
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 8–10 drops favorite essential oil
Note: Citric acid can be found at most major supermarkets in the canning section. You can also use almond oil or olive oil in the place of doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil.
Recommended oils for Relaxation
- Passion (for a mood boost)
- Cheer (for a mood boost)
- Motivate (for a mood boost)
- Place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and oil in a bowl.
- Add eight to 10 drops of the essential oil or blend of choice.
- Mix well with spoon until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand. Note: If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until consistency is correct.
- At this point, you may add food coloring, dried herbs, or flower petals to mixture.
- Place mixture in silicone molds. Let sit 24 hours before removing from mold.
- To use, drop in tub or shower and allow to dissolve.
- Tags: Bath Bomb