Few things bring people together better than a summer barbecue. With long days, warm weather and good company, you’re sure to make memories that last a lifetime. Try your hand at these simple, summer-ready recipes that everyone is bound to love. The best part? Each of them features some of your favorite essential oils!
Citrus Barbecue Sauce
This tangy barbecue sauce packs a punch and can be whipped up in just a few minutes! With Lemon, Lime, Wild Orange, Cinnamon Bark, Cilantro, and Oregano essential oils, it pairs perfectly with any meat you’re throwing on the grill.
3 cups ketchup
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup small diced yellow onion
3 cloves garlic
2 drops Lemon oil
2 drops Lime oil
2 drops Wild Orange oil
1 drop Cinnamon Bark oil
3 drops Cilantro oil
1 drop Oregano oil
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
½ jalapeno, seeds and stem removed (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Spread on the meat or veggies of your choice.
4. Refrigerate extra sauce to enjoy later. (This recipe makes about five cups.)
Nothing says summer quite like fresh corn on the cob. This recipe that uses Lime essential oil takes it to the next level.
8 ears of corn, grilled
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1½ teaspoons lemon pepper
8 drops Lime oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ bunch cilantro
½ cup Cotija cheese
1. Mix the butter, lemon pepper, Lime oil, salt, garlic powder,and cayenne pepper. Brush over the grilled corn.
2. Top with freshly chopped cilantro, Cotija cheese, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
The perfect drink for warm weather, this raspberry limeade will keep your guests feeling cool and refreshed.
1-2 drops Lime oil
Ice, if desired
2 cups raspberries
½ cup sugar or honey
1 cup water
1. In a small saucepan, combine the puree ingredients.
2. Cook until sugar has dissolved.
3. Cool and strain.
4. To serve, add two tablespoons raspberry puree, ice, the juice of one lime, and one to two drops Lime essential oil to a glass. Top with sparkling water.
5. Garnish with limes and raspberries
Wild Orange Vanilla Popsicle
To end the event on a sweet note, make some Wild Orange vanilla popsicles. With the sweet citrus flavor of Wild Orange essential oil, it’ll be a treat that both the kids and the adults love!
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds or small cups with popsicle sticks.
3. Freeze for five to six hours
So, fire up the grill. Break out the blender. When it comes to creating connections, it’s the little moments that matter. An event doesn’t have to be complicated or grand. With simple recipes like these, you can focus on spending time with those around you. This summer, take time to pursue connection and enjoy some delicious food