Contributed by Dr. Damian Rodriguez DHSc, MS
Citronella is one of the most common active ingredients in insect repellent products, and for good reason, as experimental research suggests it may keep insects at bay when applied topically. Citronella essential oil is more than just a protector against environmental threats. Along with its bright and uplifting aroma, Citronella essential oil also has a variety of uses for oral and skin health.
doTERRA’s Citronella oil is derived from Java citronella (Cymbopogon winterianus), a higher yielding, higher quality and more pleasant smelling essential oil. In its purest form, when steam distilled, the Java citronella grass produces a crisp, lemony aroma.
What You Don’t Know About Citronella Essential Oil
- It’s great for your skin
- It has powerful antioxidant properties to support cellular and skin health
- It provides a research-proven uplifting aroma
- It is great for cleaning the kitchen or bathroom
- It can clean, condition, and add shine to your hair.
Take advantage of the amazing benefits of Citronella by using it in your daily self-care routine, or to keep your kitchen and bathroom clean.
- doTERRA Center for Integrative Oncology at St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- The Science Behind Why Adaptiv Blend Works
- Tags: Citronella