Have you ever tried Lemongrass essential oil?
While some think this is an obscure oil, Lemongrass has dozens of benefits and can be used for things like skin, mood, and digestion. With its unique smoky and citrusy aroma, Lemongrass has become a favorite among essential oil experts for its equally unique benefits.
What is Lemongrass essential oil good for?
Lemongrass has a plethora of benefits for the body.
- Did you know that Lemongrass is a popular digestive tonic? Lemongrass oil can be used to support healthy digestion and ease occasional stomach discomfort.
- Lemongrass oil also offers significant benefits for the skin. With toning and purifying properties, this oil is a welcome addition to any skincare routine.
- Lemongrass oil is also known for its ability to promote a cheerful mood. The refreshing lemon and herb-like aroma that can be diffused to promote a positive outlook.
How do I use Lemongrass essential oil?
Here are some exciting examples to help you take advantage of the benefits Lemongrass has to offer.
For Internal Use
- Place a drop of Lemongrass oil in a Veggie Cap and swallow for digestive support.
- Combine Lemongrass with Peppermint oil in a capsule to support healthy gastrointestinal function and help maintain healthy digestion.
For Topical Use
- Add Lemongrass to your daily moisturizer or cleanser to help tone and purify the skin.
- Combine Lemongrass oil with Tea Tree oil and apply the mixture to your fingernails and toenails to keep them looking clean.
For Aromatic Use
- Use Lemongrass oil to uplift mood
- Diffuse Lemongrass oil in your home to overpower feelings of nervousness or eliminate mental fatigue.
- Try diffusing Lemongrass at your desk at work to help promote a positive outlook and heighten your awareness.
What else can Lemongrass be used for?
How about a nice massage?
When diluted with a carrier oil, Lemongrass essential oil can be useful for creating a soothing massage. Add a few drops of Lemongrass oil to a lotion or a carrier oil and massage the legs and feet after a tough workout or long run.
Keeping bugs at bay
A close relative to citronella grass, Lemongrass oil is useful for discouraging the presence of bugs when applied topically or used aromatically. Try applying it to clothing before going outside or diffusing on the back patio to enjoy a bug-free evening.
Cool with Lemongrass oil
The unique flavor of Lemongrass has made it a popular choice for cooking throughout southeast Asia. Simply add a drop (or less) of Lemongrass oil to soups, teas, seafood, curries, beef dishes, or poultry dishes for an extra kick of flavor.