doTERRA Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil
Indigenous to Australia, Lemon Myrtle has a long tradition as an herbal solution. Lemon Myrtle is first and foremost cleansing, but it also promotes feelings of positivity and calm.
Lemon Myrtle essential oil is distilled from the citrus scented leaves of the subtropical lemon myrtle plant. Native to Australia, lemon myrtle has long been used by Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander people as part of their diet. Lemon Myrtle has a calming and relaxing aroma.
Sweet, lemony, and slightly herbal, the aroma of Lemon Myrtle is simultaneously soothing and uplifting to the mood.
Lemon Myrtle trees are native to Australia originating from the subtropical and tropical East Coast of Australia, 50–800 meters above sea level. Aboriginal (indigenous) Australians and Torres Straight Islanders have long used Lemon Myrtle for various purposes.
Lemon Myrtle trees are medium sized with dark-green, lance-shaped leaves, which remain on the tree year-round. From summer to autumn, creamy white flowers grow in clusters on the end of the branches.
The essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the tree. Although they can be harvested year-round, it is best to avoid harvesting during the wet season. After harvesting, the leaves are distilled immediately to ensure the highest quality oil.
- Uplifting to the senses
- Calming and relaxing aroma
- Add a drop of Lemon Myrtle essential oil to your water for a refreshing taste.
- For a DIY all-purpose cleaner, add several drops of Lemon Myrtle and Wild Orange to a spray bottle with water and white vinegar.
- Diffuse to help clear and purify the air while supporting feelings of wellbeing.
- Add 1 drop to your facial cleanser or moisturizer for boosted purifying properties and added fragrance.
Sweet, lemon, slightly herbal
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use 3-4 drops in a diffuser.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.