doTERRA Madagascar Vanilla Essential Oil
The vanilla plant is native to Mexico, the Caribbean, northern South America and Central America, but can be grown in tropical regions around the world.
doTERRA Madagascar Vanilla Absolute is sourced from beans from Madagascar. Each vanilla plant takes 3-4 years to begin producing vanilla beans - each flower only produces one bean. The vanilla flower blooms only one day per year and must be hand-pollinated in the morning: if it is not pollinated during this short window of time, it will wilt and there will be no vanilla bean to harvest later.
The beans are harvested by hand from the vine when they are still green. The beans then go through a time-consuming and labor-intensive process to allow them to fully develop their aroma and flavor. The first extraction is done by CO2, also known as supercritical fluid extraction. The beans are ground into small pieces, then placed in a pressurized vessel where components are extracted by injecting pressurized CO2. This CO1 extra is then washed with a natural alcohol to remove the waxes and some nonvolatile components to create the absolute. We combine this absolute with FCO (Fractionated Coconut Oil) and the result is this precious bottle of oil.
Thousands of people, most of whom are women, are employed to cultivate and care for the vanilla plants. The vanilla plant farms are a major economic contributor to rural communities in Madagascar.
- Calming and relaxing
- Sleep and respiratory aid
- Simulate the growth of tissues
- Boost the immune system
- Add a drop to your next diffuser blend.
- Include a drop or two in your personal pure-fume.
- Use a drop with your personal care products, like shampoos, conditioners, lotions, or creams.
- Add one drop to a smoothie.
- Apply a drop with a carrier oil to the face to help fight breakouts, reduce scars as well as brighten the complexion.
- Apply over the abdomen to promotes healthy digestion, reduce gut discomfort, cramping, stomach-ache and diarrhea.
- Diffuse to boost the immune system response or mix with in a warm tea and sip to help coat the throat and provide a soothing effect.
- Aid weight loss – vanilla can support your weight loss goals due to its natural appetite-suppressing qualities
Rich, creamy, sweet
What’s the difference between Madagascar Vanilla and vanilla extract?
Traditional vanilla extract that’s commonly used for baking is usually extracted by soaking vanilla beans in a solution of alcohol and water. doTERRA® pure Madagascar Vanilla absolute is the result of a two-step CO2 extraction process.
Additionally, this vanilla absolute is much more viscous than traditional vanilla extract. Madagascar Vanilla is diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil, which helps it come out of the bottle smoothly and is convenient for topical application!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.